Wikipedia

Search results

Sunday, April 2, 2023

Show HN: Integrating puzzle rush and spaced repetitions for chess training https://ift.tt/OhUrBNT

Show HN: Integrating puzzle rush and spaced repetitions for chess training Hi HN! I’m publicly releasing BraiMax Chess, a web app I built during the last three months; it’s based on a training technique which brought me from around 1700/1800 to 2000 rating (superblitz) on lichess. Here it is: https://ift.tt/KbWV1k8 Background story: during lockdown I decided to try and improve at chess, which I was playing online a lot. Bought a few books, tried all the websites and apps I found. This serious study helped a lot in understanding the game better, but didn’t improve my results as much as I hoped. It also was very hard work, and after a few months I stopped having the motivation to continue. Around that time I discovered Puzzle Rush on chess.com; that one was the most enjoyable chess-related thing I could do besides playing games, and it helped with tactics, but I soon plateaued - until I thought about combining that with spaced repetitions. I would manually review the puzzles I had failed, and add them to a rudimentary spaced repetitions system I had hacked together. It was a bit of work, but still enjoyable enough to stick to it; that’s when I started getting noticeably better and better, making fewer blunders, and climbing the rating. Late last year I decided to take some time off after leaving my last job; during the break I felt an itch and decided to create a website which would allow anybody to use the same technique I described above, but in a much easier/integrated way. After three months of full time work on it, it’s ready! Let me know what you think Dan https://ift.tt/iQUobC1 April 2, 2023 at 10:36AM

No comments:

Post a Comment