Wikipedia

Search results

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Show HN: A Mental-Health Driven Social App with a Built-In CRM https://ift.tt/wk1AUZO

Show HN: A Mental-Health Driven Social App with a Built-In CRM Hey HN! My name is Connor and I am posting today to launch (aka gather feedback on) the app I have been working on. I have General Anxiety Disorder. And that’s most definitely the first time I’ve written those 5 words out like that. My anxiety, very luckily, has never been that detrimental to my life, but I would be lying if I told you I didn’t notice it. For me, anxiety manifests as the inability to recognize negative thoughts quickly. When I fail to recognize them, they cycle and loop and I convince myself of things that aren’t true (that person doesn’t like me any more, I don’t deserve anything I have, I’m a massive failure with a too big nose and receding hairline, etc…). Over the years, I have done many things and learned many techniques to benefit my mental health, but one strategy has always been the most helpful: Talking to someone. Anyone. About anything. Anxiety is like a little voice in my head. When I talk to someone, it gets a lot harder to hear it. And it really doesn’t matter what we talk about, either. About their day, about mine. About my problems, or about theirs. My friends just make me feel better. Over the last five years, the missions of most major social platforms have shifted. They have chosen to prioritize entertainment and average-user-screen-time over closeness and relationships with friends. Such social media aren’t bad or wrong. I still use social media every day. They just don’t do a very good job of keeping me close to my friends. That's why I built WuzzUp?. To fill the void, and help me keep in touch with my friends and reduce my anxiety. I'd love to hear what you think! https://ift.tt/kfaKEiD April 11, 2023 at 06:20PM

No comments:

Post a Comment