Wikipedia

Search results

Saturday, April 22, 2023

Show HN: Torb – make Kubernetes DevOps easier https://ift.tt/yehWHLa

Show HN: Torb – make Kubernetes DevOps easier https://ift.tt/BEOaihc Hey HN, about 9 months ago I was getting infrastructure set up for a project and it was taking way too long. It took hours before I was even able to begin working on the project itself instead of the infrastructure and it wasn't particularly pleasant. I got fed up and that's when I started thinking about how I could make it easier for people to develop with Kubernetes locally and then quickly deploy to a production environment in a consistent way that respects a set of best practices and leveraging some common infrastructure tools like Terraform and Helm under the hood. The result of this was Torb. The mission is to make it simple and easy for software engineers to create and deploy infrastructure on Kubernetes with best practices in place. For now I've been focusing on getting projects launched on an existing cluster, but I'd like to eventually help with bootstrapping clusters as well. I've been dog fooding this on my own projects for a bit now and have also had some friends who are using the tool and giving me feedback. April 22, 2023 at 11:31PM

No comments:

Post a Comment