Wikipedia

Search results

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Show HN: ListLang – Learn Languages to Fluency https://ift.tt/lnkSIiH

Show HN: ListLang – Learn Languages to Fluency Depending on the language, the top 1,000 most frequently used words account for ~85% of all speech and text, and the top 5,000 account for ~95%. It’s really important to learn these words. Learning words in context helps you naturally understand their meaning and use cases, while avoiding the rote memorization of definitions. ListLang helps you achieve fluency by learning the 5,000 most frequently used words in context. Most language learning apps never move past beginner level content. This method requires some basic knowledge, but otherwise it should rapidly increase your level past the intermediate level and into the advanced level. I built this app because I studied Spanish and Russian for many years in school, but when I traveled to Argentina and Russia, I realized I didn’t know enough vocabulary to meaningfully communicate with the people there. I hope it will be helpful for you. https://ift.tt/8si1Uav February 8, 2023 at 03:04PM

No comments:

Post a Comment