Wikipedia

Search results

Thursday, February 9, 2023

Show HN: Privacy friendly suite of PDF tools https://ift.tt/SnsyjBg

Show HN: Privacy friendly suite of PDF tools Hi HN, I have been working on a set of PDF tools that does all the processing directly in the web browser. From time to time I needed to do some simple PDF manipulations like merging PDF files. Sometimes the files contain my personal data and I was not comfortable using other online services where the file usually is uploaded to a remote server. Behind the scenes there is a small library written in C++ doing the changes to the PDF files. I am using the Emscripten compiler to compile it to WebAssembly that is running in the browser. It was a very good learning for me and it was easier than I thought to get something working, credits to the Emscripten project. The tool is also a PWA and can be used offline (once loaded). I am looking for any kind of feedback, comments or ideas for new tools that I could add. https://pdfux.com/ February 9, 2023 at 11:32AM

No comments:

Post a Comment