Wikipedia

Search results

Monday, December 19, 2022

Show HN: Yahtzee and Poker and Cosmic Horror = Pine Tar Poker https://ift.tt/M2arwPs

Show HN: Yahtzee and Poker and Cosmic Horror = Pine Tar Poker I'm excited to launch today! Pine Tar Poker is a yahtzee-inspired poker game with just a touch of cosmic horror for iOS and Android. I started working on this idea last January by making a paper prototype: a simple printed score sheet I could use with a real deck of cards. I had some fun with that, so I brought it into Unity and kept expanding on it over the last 11 months during nights and weekends. It's tough for me to stay motivated on side projects and see them through to release, but the act of shipping something is so fulfilling that it's usually worth the pain. For Pine Tar, I stretched myself in the narrative department by adding a bit of a Lovecraftian tone to what would otherwise be a Western saloon setting. One thing that kept me motivated during development was seeing my dad get hooked on the card game. He'd text me when he got his first royal flush and when he prestiged the score sheet -- he got every hand type in one game! He has amassed so much in-game cash, I think I need to expand the number of digits I show there! If you get a chance to try it, let me know what you think! If you can't afford it and want to try it, I have a few codes for both platforms, my email is in my profile. https://ift.tt/c4vIW3p December 19, 2022 at 10:00PM

No comments:

Post a Comment