Wikipedia

Search results

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Show HN: Redirect clicks using a formula https://ift.tt/7vklyde

Show HN: Redirect clicks using a formula Part of my day job requires me to review a report monthly. The URL for July's report looks something like this: fancyreport.com?from=2022-07-01&to=2022-07-31 Typing this URL manually every month was just enough pain for me to put up a simple script on somedomainiown.com/magic that redirected me to the report for the current month by automatically filling in the "from" and "to" values in the URL. This way, I could bookmark one link and always open the latest report with one click. At some point, I figured I should put this behind a UI so that I could share it with my colleagues and maybe HN too. A couple of weeks of hacking, and here we are with an MVP the little imposter inside me finally accepted to post online. P.S. the "formule" implementation gets the job done for me, but is pretty rudimentary. Would love to know if you have a specific use case that'd benefit from other parameters or a more advanced formula system. https://ift.tt/HOTaeNw July 24, 2022 at 10:05PM

No comments:

Post a Comment