Wikipedia

Search results

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Show HN: Remotework.com – not JUST another remote jobs site https://ift.tt/2U1IcYt

Show HN: Remotework.com – not JUST another remote jobs site Hello Hacker News! This is James from RemoteWork.com (https://remotework.com/) I am building a marketplace for the remote worker community, and to connect remote jobs to remote workers. I hope for this not to become just another jobs board. I am much more interested in helping remote workers solve for loneliness and build community, shift skilled work away from the coastal cities and other "soft" benefits of remote work. Like many other readers here on Hacker News I am following the Shelter-in-Place order in the bay area due to COVID-19. I have been sitting on RemoteWork.com as a concept since before 2017. I was originally inspired by Greg Caplan and his Remote Year (RemoteYear.com) project, I looked up LeapYear.com and stumbled upon Venture.com, they happened to have RemoteWork.com available & I have always had it on my shortlist of domains to use for a future concept. Then around NYE of 2020, as everyone was making predictions about what the next decade held, a consistent theme was that a shift towards remote work would become one of the big shifts of the 2020s. Who could have guessed it would happen so fast? I secured a lease with Venture.com shortly after Jan 1st. I setup a no-code MVP using Sharetribe Go. I have been working remotely or part of a remote team for the past 5 years & am familiar with the challenges it presents to the individual and to the organization. Personally, I really wanted to solve for the community and educational side of people beginning to work remotely. Working remotely may not be for everyone, but I think it could be a benefit for most people who are able to perform their jobs without being in an office, if given the right tools and guidelines outlining best practices. This is just the beginning. I hope we can start a movement that benefits both workers and employers. A movement that can reduce traffic congestion and improve overall job satisfaction thru work/life balance. Join us. Join the movement. Join RemoteWork.com March 18, 2020 at 10:55PM

No comments:

Post a Comment